Friday, September 22, 2006

More kittenblogging

I cracked the door open the other day and came in the room to find Puck clinging to the screen between it and the glass door.Apparently he had seen a gnat and wanted a closer look. He never got it between his paws, I'm sad to report.
This is my new dishwashing service. Trust me, we're usually very sanitary. Puck was duly scolded and evicted from the table soon after this picture was taken (not that scolding a kitten is ever very effective).

Note to self: Close lid on record player when not changing the record. I couldn't figure out why I kept hearing the record skip backward and forward randomly until I realized that turntable needles are fascinating to kittens. Heh. Proof that cats are smarter than dogs: The silly RCA Victor dog just sits and listens with a puzzled expression. The Detrola kitten is not content unless he's the DJ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, dogs are used to guide the blind, assist the deaf, detect bombs, locate corpses, find the missing, and serve as canine soldiers, among other things. Cats, on the other hand, do absolutely...nothing. I think the record-playing only has to do with cats being more destructive than dogs!

mel said...

Carissa, I think your comment may just have helped Becca's argument that cats are the smarter creatures... They're too smart to let humans exploit them like that! ;-)

Although I will say that my grandparents have a tiny little poodle who is quite intelligent--and I'm pretty sure she acts a lot more like a cat than a dog!

Gahrie said...

I've got two new kittens (about 8 weeks now) and one of them (Mongo) looks a lot like Puck.

Becca said...

That's so cute, gahrie! You know, Puck has two brothers, one of whom has similar coloring. But they would be a couple weeks older. Mongo, by the way, is a great name for a cat.

mel said...

The girl I sit by in Business Law thinks the cat pictures are cute.

Monica said...

That is one incredibly cute cat. :-)

Becca said...

I woke up at 3 this morning to him trying to eat my eyebrows. I don't know how he figured out how to climb into my loft bed... Monster.