Tuesday, October 03, 2006

On the nature of mysteries

Browsing through a Blackstone Fellowship forum I came across an interesting and honestly seeking discussion on the Eucharist that referred to a few links that some readers might find relevant. I can't comment intelligently on them as I haven't had a chance to sort through them (and might still not be able to comment intelligently after I do), but I'm more than happy to hear (or read) your thoughts, oh gentle readers.

StLouisiana (links from a self-described high church Presbyterian)
Biblical Horizons No.s 33 and 34
Poems cited in the Catechism of the Catholic Church

Other related posts:
Unclogging Protestantism with the Grace of the Eucharist--Not endorsing the content here, just tossing it out as food for thought because I found some of the comments provocative
Cyprian of Carthage on the Eucharist
Paradoxology--a little more Protestant perspective

Update: Does anyone know of any disciplined Protestant answer to the Catholic view of the Eucharist? I mean, something other than "Um, no it's not"?

No comments: