Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Two favorite topics, one post

Given some recent discussion regarding Ian Paisley and Bob Jones University, I thought I'd share an interesting post that mentions them both. Do I get points?

A little more substantively, I think there are some very valid points made both in the post and its comment, particularly regarding the school's insularity and lost opportunities to make statements from the Christian perspective. On one hand, I sort of cringe when the school speaks on a political issue as a school (Remember that infamous letter to Bush?), but on the other I think there's something really disturbing about not allowing your faculty or staff (as the site notes, some of the brightest Fundamentalist thinkers around) to publish even an op ed without approval.

No comments: